Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sickly and Productive

Well, it has been a rough week for me. I spent most of the week under the weather but yesterday (Friday) I was finally taken down completely. The only good news is that I finally got a few days off of work. It took me some doing but I got a hold of some old school NyQuil and have been in a drug induced stupor ever since. After about 16 hours of sleep I felt up to being productive and managed to finally finish and publish Cody's new website Table Mountain Trimworks . Dreamweaver still gave me some trouble but we finally came to a truce. I agreed to follow it's program directive and it agreed to be considerably less illusive to my feeble mind. Let me know what you think!

In other news: Cody made it into the local paper this week. He took the opportunity to enjoy the 70 something weather last weekend and flew his airplanes (finally!) out at a local airfield. They published 3 photos of him and he has since printed and framed them. I am glad he finally got some "play" time. It has done wonders for his mental state.

Morgan has been less than thrilled with my crabby, sickly nature but managed to have some fun. Cody has a friend who's dad owns one of the local kid's fun centers (sort of like Chuck-E-Cheese's) and she got the run of the place. She played all the games, rode all of the rides and then got turned loose in the candy and toy area. Does it get much better for a 7 year old?
The dogs have been having fun also. Cody took them to the mountains one day and they created all kinds of havoc barking, and escaping, and other such doggie antics. Needless to say Cody doesn't bring Straton to the jobs any more. Brigs is OK, but Straton is just too big and untrustworthy. He is getting very good at home though. Maybe by this time next year.

Only a few more weeks of school for me and then break for a month or so. I would be happy except that I am not going to be doing much except working. Hopefully I can finish a coat I am trying to make before Christmas. I got a cool pattern for a Victorian style coat but haven't had time to do anything except to lay out the fabric and pattern. At least the website finally got done. If the coat takes the same amount of time it will be done sometime in June or July. Argh!