Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Dream Woven


Stupid Dreamweaver.  For the life of me I have never been able to figure out why Adobe programs are so popular.  I know they have all the bells and whistles, most compatibility, blah blah blah, but the programs are so very user unfriendly.  Any program that has Gigs upon Gigs of video help might need some restructuring.  

I tried to use Dreamweaver way back when, something like 8-10 years ago, and found it so darn complex that I went back to basic HTML.  Now I am so out of the loop computer-wise that I really need web programs that help me build sites as I can no longer remember HTML, and never did know Flash, C whatever, Java, and all the other script out there.  

I previously built Cody's site with the web program made by Serif.  I like their programing.  I can fiddle with it for a while and figure out all the little quirks, and have never once had an issue with anything of consequence.  But apparently Adobe programing is beyond my wee mental capabilities.  I had to take a class on Photoshop, and find I can't even get the most basic things down on Illustrator. 

 In re-doing Cody's site I decided to go ahead and use Dreamweaver as it was included in the design suite I bought at ASU last semester.  It took me a while to figure out the quirks but I was pleasantly surprised to find it relatively easy to stumble through, that is, until I tried to upload the site onto the server.  

Everything says it is kosher, connections all say they are go, even called AJ, Cody's computer savvy friend, to see what the heck I was  doing wrong and he can't figure it out either.  I think it is because I didn't set the site up to auto publish when I first started.  I am about half and inch away from trashing the project and starting over.  It will probably be easier than trying to find the box I didn't check when I first set-up the file.  Stupid computers.  Put a 0 where a 1 should be and they just can't handle it.  

Oh well, the old site is still up and it looks OK, I was just hoping to have the new art project posted.  Hopefully by tomorrow  http://www.tablemountaintrimworks.com will be new and updated.  Until then I guess I will just have to keep trying to figure out which box is or isn't checked, or which period is in the wrong place.  And those of you who haven't toured his site go ahead and check it out.  The old stuff is up and it is beautiful.  I will let everyone know when  finally get the new version published.